[Speex-dev] Codecs defined for OGG

Steve Underwood steveu at coppice.org
Sun Jul 8 19:27:22 PDT 2007

Hi all,

This is an OGG question, rather than a speex question, but its about
speech codecs so I will try here.

As i understand it, OGG is a container which can be either a file or a
stream. It can also contain pretty much any kind of codec. What I am
interested in right now is exactly which speech codecs have been used,
and formats defined, to date.

I was going to use wave as a reasonably common ground way to hold
arbitrary speech codecs, but I was surprised to find many common codecs,
like G.726 at anything expect 32kbps, don't seen to have defined type
codes and formats, Not surprisingly speex is one of those. :-)

Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Steve