[Speex-dev] Support for tags in speex files?

Rogério Brito rbrito at gmail.com
Thu Jul 5 00:14:42 PDT 2007

Dear Conrad and other people.

First of all thank you for your nice response.

On 7/4/07, Conrad Parker <conrad at metadecks.org> wrote:
> On 04/07/07, Rogério Brito <rbrito at ime.usp.br> wrote:
> > Dear speex developers,
> >
> > Would it be possible to have tags in speex files?
>
> sure, Speex files use vorbis-style comments (ie. similar to Ogg Vorbis files).

Thanks, that is nice, but you left me with a question: is it possible
to have speex files in an ogg container? I looked a bit on the
documentation of speexenc and could find no mention of it (I'm using
Debian's testing distribution and the superb easytag as a tag
manager).

> speexenc --comment "MOOD=Happy" speech1234.wav speech1234.spx

Does this mean that, in case I wrap the file into an Ogg container, it
will have two layers of "containment"?

Thank you very much for your kind answer, Rogério Brito.