[Speex-dev] Using speex on ARM7TDMI...

Pietro Maggi studiomaggi at gmail.com
Wed Jul 4 07:38:07 PDT 2007

Hi,
I'm evaluating the libspeex library for usage in an embedded platform
based on an ARM7 TDMI micro (the ubiquitous Atmel AT91SAM7S).
In details, I'm trying to use libspeex to encode the audio stream
coming into the micro from an I2S channel and saving the encoded audio
to an SD card (currently in binary format just to test it decoded back
to the I2S channel from the saved file), but I've some difficulties
understanding where to start from.
Where can I find an example of usage of the libspeex in an embedded platform?

Currently I've built the library with a couple of defines:
 - MANUAL_ALLOC (and the others relevant defines to use static memory)
 - FIXED_POINT
But it still doesn't work (encoded/decoded audio is garbage).

So, sorry for the silly questions, but can someone gently point me
towards the ligth switch ?
:-D

Thanks
Pietro