[Speex-dev] Re: Problem with beta 3 jitter buffer

Jean-Marc Valin jean-marc.valin at usherbrooke.ca
Mon Dec 31 14:50:34 PST 2007

Daniel Schmidt a écrit :
> I found the cause of the problem. The function shift_timings can
> produce overflows in the timing array if the jitter is huge or the
> time units are very short. After changing the timing values' type from
> spx_int16_t to spx_int32_t it seems to work.

Hmm, I always assumed there wouldn't be any overflows. What parameter
range are you using that causes them? I can always switch to 32-bit, but
I prefer 16-bit for memory size reasons (I'll switch if there's no other
option).

> But now I have another question. If jitter_buffer_get returns
> JITTER_BUFFER_INSERTION or JITTER_BUFFER_MISSING, packet->span can be
> larger than desired_span or the normal packets' span. Must the
> application take this into account? If so, speex_jitter_buffer does
> not handle this correctly at the moment.

Well, you can choose the size of the insertions or concealment, so I'm
not sure what's the problem. The app definitely needs to use the
returned span correctly.

	Jean-Marc