[Speex-dev] Legal Question

Jean-Marc Valin jean-marc.valin at usherbrooke.ca
Sun Dec 9 14:46:52 PST 2007

Keith Gurganus a écrit :
> We would like to include Speex into our commercial product.  Other than the
> revised BSD license, are there any other legal issues such as patents that
> we need to be aware of?

Short answer: No, everything's fine.
Longer answer: Software patents are such that you can never sure of
anything. This not only applies to Speex, but to any software, be it
open-source or proprietary. If people wanted to make 100% sure they
don't infringe on software patents, everyone would stop writing
software. So except for that, everything's fine with you using Speex in
your commercial product, as long as you comply with the revised BSD license.

Cheers,