[Speex-dev] strange encode/decode results on C54x

Jean-Marc Valin jean-marc.valin at usherbrooke.ca
Fri Aug 3 09:03:53 PDT 2007

Michael Jacobson a écrit :
> wow, the attitude wasn't necessary.

Sorry about that, but I also like when people read the doc carefully.

> What I was asking wasn't in the
> documentation, how am I supposed to know I wasn't supposed to initialize
> the encoder/decoder every time (I was trying to save space for the
> allocs), I've never dealt with codecs before and it isn't in the
> documentation.  I was not insinuating that your code was wrong, I was
> hoping you could tell me that I set it up improperly, which you did.
> you didn't have to be a dick about it.

You mean you didn't find it at
http://www.speex.org/docs/manual/speex-manual/node7.html#SECTION00710000000000000000
nor at
http://www.speex.org/docs/manual/speex-manual/node13.html#SECTION001310000000000000000
? Not to mention that normally "initialise" is something you tend to
only do once for an object.

Also, I'm pretty sure if you reset the state of your G729A (or even
iLBC, believe it or not) encoder/decoder, you'll get the same result.