[Speex-dev] Stereo speex on Blackfin

Robin Getz rgetz at blackfin.uclinux.org
Wed Apr 18 13:26:50 PDT 2007

On Wed 18 Apr 2007 16:09, Jean-Marc Valin pondered:
> > Speex has gone through alot of improvements since then, and I don't think
> > the
> >
>  > speex you have produces a binary compatible bitstream with the current
>  > trunk/release (if you are not looking for compatibility with other
>  > systems, it doesn't matter).
>
>  Just a note here. Speex has maintained bit-stream compatibility since
>  pre-1.0 releases. I make lots of minor optimisations and improvements,
>  but the bit-stream itself is frozen and has been since the end of 2002.
>  So no need to worry about that. But other than that, it's true that the
>  latest code is usually a better thing to use.

Hmm - I had been doing some linphone (RedHat 7 - don't know what version of
speex) to linphone (Blackfin - speex trunk) testing in a lab, and I just got
static, until I forced it to GSM, and then upgraded speex on the host - GSM
worked, the speex upgrade worked.

I guess that looking at: http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/History I forgot how
long ago RH7 came out... (September 2000).

-Robin