[Speex-dev] Does VAD/DTX work without VBR and Preprocessor

lianghu xu lianghu.xu at gmail.com
Tue Oct 24 00:06:46 PDT 2006

Hello,

I'm try to run speex on some ARM processor.
I'd like to cut away some speex features including VBR, ABR and preprocessor
while still supporting VAD/DTX.

But I've found some puzzles in the source code regarding VAD as below,

1) there are VAD related codes in the source file preprocess.c.
Will VAD still work If  I don't use the source file preprocess.c?

2)The speex manual says VAD can work without VBR enabled.
But I found it's not like that in the source code where VAD is just part of
the VBR.

Can the VBR/ABR/preprocess related souce codes be cut away if VAD and DTX
can work without VBR,ABR or preprocessor?

Regards,

Lianghu