[Speex-dev] Re: 5. Re: how to build libspeex_armce.lib ? (patrick andrieux)

patrick andrieux patrick.andrieux at gmail.com
Wed Nov 15 05:31:50 PST 2006

Hi Dave,

I tried defining ARM5E_ASM  and  ARM4_AS, and you are right, it doesn't
compile,
But I can't say if the problem come from the Microsoft compiler, because if
it doesn't know
ARM assembly optimizations, who can know ?
We may need to include/install something else to use ARM5E_ASM or ARM4_ASM,
or maybe this part of speex's code is not finished.

I tried to compare both libspeex_armce.lib and hand-built FIXED_POINT build
as well.
I encoded 30sec and it tooks around 6sec with libspeex_armce.lib (1.1.16)
and around 4sec with 1.2beta1.

rgds,
Patrick