[Speex-dev] speexenc seg fault, amd64

Jean-Marc Valin jean-marc.valin at usherbrooke.ca
Mon Nov 6 16:50:49 PST 2006

Aaron Birenboim wrote:
> Is there a bugzilla or similar for speex?

We have a trac database at https://trac.xiph.org/ but I'm not sure what
state it's in because it's constantly under spambot attacks. It's good
if you file a bug there, but make sure you post to the list as well.

> I'm getting core-dumps on AMD64 speex (ubuntu)

You mean like this:
https://launchpad.net/distros/ubuntu/+source/speex/+bug/19482
The problem was fixed just after 1.1.11 was released. As you can see
above, a fix specifically for Dapper has been posted 6 months ago, but
it has never been applied. I recommend downloading 1.2-beta1, which
should work fine on AMD64 (and has better quality).