[Speex-dev] Frequency range carried by speex

Baldvin Hansson baldvin at rogg.is
Wed May 31 06:48:18 PDT 2006

>The "frequency range" (which we call bandwidth) is whatever the bandwidth
>of what you encode, of course bounded by the Nyquist rate (sampling freq/2)

Understood. Then if I may trouble you all with a followup thought:

Is there however a low-end of the spectrum that I should expect Speex (with
and/or without noise cancelling) to cut-off due to compression loss or other
algorithm related reasons? Could Speex (at any given setting) properly carry
a 25-67Hz tone for instance?

Sincerely,
Baldvin