[Speex-dev] Speex echo canceller on TI C55 DSP

Wed May 10 07:27:48 PDT 2006

> misc.c provides the ability to override some functions, including the
> allocation and printing.  fftwrap.c uses speex_alloc, then calls
> kiss_fftr_alloc, which calls kiss_fft_alloc, which calls KISS_FFT_MALLOC,
> which is defined as malloc in kiss_fft.h.  It would make it more consistent
> to define KISS_FFT_MALLOC as speex_alloc.  That is the only change that I
> would suggest here.

OK, I understand what you mean now. kiss_fft is a separate packaged I
merged into Speex, but which I haven't yet fully converted to use the
Speex functions/macros.

> My builds for the two platforms used exactly the same source files, though
> there were a few ifdefs in the test_echo routine to deal with file I/O for
> the C55 with its 16-bit char size.  When I get a chance, I will add some
> instrumentation and see if I can find where things diverge.  Just looking at
> the canceled audio files with a waveform editor, they were not obviously
> different, so it is not a burning issue for me.

Try updating svn again. I just found out that EXTEND32() and EXTRACT16()
were actually unsafe due to a pair of () missing around the argument. I
also fixed a few minor things. Tell me if it works now.