[Speex-dev] app_conference(Asterisk) with Speex

Steve Kann stevek at stevek.com
Tue Jan 31 07:43:24 PST 2006

jonathan blais wrote:

> I'm using Linphone. I tested with Asterisk and Speex only, I created a
> channel with echo and it worked. It seems to have problem when using
> app_conference.

If you just use app_echo, then asterisk won't be trying to decode your
frames; it will just be sending them back to you.  Therefore, if your
client is using an incompatible packing of the frames, it won't matter,
as long as your client can also understand it.

In order to determine if your client is using a compatible packing,
you'll need to have asterisk do something which requires asterisk to
decode the frames:  Like bridge the call to a channel using another
codec, or record the call to a non-speex format (i.e. write to a PCM WAV
file), etc.

-SteveK