[Speex-dev] same bitstream

Jean-Marc Valin jean-marc.valin at usherbrooke.ca
Wed Dec 6 05:38:52 PST 2006

Jonny Daenen a écrit :
> Narrowband (8 kHz), wideband (16 kHz), and ultra-wideband (32 kHz)
> compression in the same bitstream
>
> What is the meaning of this? can i find more information about this
> somewhere?
>
> And what is packel loss concealment, an you enable this somewhere?

What are you expecting exactly here? That I explain what's a Hertz and
what's a packet? I think asking your high-school teacher would be more
appropriate. This mailing list isn't an interactive help system for
people you can't distinguish a compiler from their left foot.

That being said, I don't mind helping people here or even answering the
occasional "silly" questions from people who just misunderstood one of
the fundamental concepts. I'm just not going to teach you how to program
in C, how computers represent sound as ones and zeros, or how to tie
your shoe laces. Once you manage to write a simple application that
works with uncompressed audio, then you probably won't find it too hard
to use libspeex. Programming with libspeex should (rough guestimate) be
within the capabilities of an average 1st-year CS/EE/CE student or a
really good high-school kid.