[Speex-dev] speex optimisation for ARM 5TE architecture

Naveed Rehman nrehman79 at yahoo.co.uk
Tue Aug 22 16:00:56 PDT 2006

Hello everyone,

  Can any body please tell me the compiler options to optimise the speex code for ARM TE architecture. Fixed point is enabled. It currently takes about 700ms to encode 5 sec worth of voice. I need to get it down to under 10ms.

  Is the option --enable-arm5te-asm supported? I am using speex 1.1.12 version. The configure.ac file does not seem to support --enable-arm5te-asm option. I tried --enable-arm5e-asm but the result is'nt much different. Real time is not possible at that rate. Processor is Xscale 533MHz.

  TIA

  nav