[Speex-dev] Speex and fpu-less processors

Kobus Wolvaardt kobus at kreon.co.za
Mon Aug 14 08:37:35 PDT 2006

Hi,

I'm new te speex so feel free to point me to the website/other resources,
chanses are I missed something (I have read/scanned most of the docs but I
want some specifics).

I want some info on the newest stable branch and how much processing power you
need to encode in real time (narrow band, I dont care about the bit rate and
need average quality). I want to work with a Compulab PXA270 strongarm based
sbc (processor without a fpu), it runs at 320 Mhz. Will this have enough fpu
kick? I only use it in half duplex (encode or decode not both at the same
time).

Where can I find good detailed info? Are the online docs the best? Or are
there better sources?

When will next unstable branch stablize? (ball park estimate is ok)

Thanks,
Kobus Wolvaardt
Kreon Technology

--
This message was scanned for viruses by MailScanner and Sophos.