[Speex-dev] How to use aec correctly?

ac2491 at columbia.edu ac2491 at columbia.edu
Tue Aug 8 18:49:32 PDT 2006

Hi,

For me AEC fails terribly on Dell Axim PDA. It has a high nice 625
Mhz processor.

AEC for me works on desktop. I maintain a queue of packets played on
speaker and a queue of packets captured through mic. These queue are
requirde since I am using Windows waveform APIs which behave in an
unexpected manner, as they are callback oriented. But with the
queues in place you can get the syn down to a level where a tail of
12*160(160 is the number of samples) , actually lesser, so it works
on a desktop.

Point to note is that I need to use speex_preprocess call otherwise
there is a trail of echo remaining which when high gets amplified
on each succesive pass.

On a PDA with only the call to speex_echo_cancel, the whole thing
becomes so slow, that wit just does not work.

I am using latest speex from SVN and fixed_point compilation on a
Dell Axim PDA (which looks like having some nice processing power
as compared to other PDAs)

Any advice on why speex_echo_cancel call takes so long, messes up
the normal packets also without any echo (wear headphones).

Thanks
-Anurag