[Speex-dev] NB SubMode: 5

Björn Thalheim s9268716 at mail.inf.tu-dresden.de
Tue Aug 8 00:46:32 PDT 2006

Hi,

Jean-Marc Valin wrote:
>> I haven't tracked the Assignment of the SubModeID through the source
>> code, so I just wanted to ask, if I can assume "speexenc -n" to use
>> SubModeID 5 always?
>
> Only if you never change the bit-rate. But speexenc -n was a dumb idea
> in the first place...

I know ... Thats why I downsampled the WAV-File to 8kHz (I got to know
sox just last night, so I did this a little late). Then, I used speexenc
-n. submodeID 5 is still used always.
That, fortunately, simplifies my test scenario. So, as long as the input
file is sampled at constantly 8kHz, the submodeID sticks to 5. Looks
good to me.

Ciao,

Björn

--
You will be awarded some great honor.

--
Important! Please recognize my new GPG Public Key!
                 Björn Thalheim