[Speex-dev] great idea for jitter buffer

Sat Apr 1 23:21:19 PST 2006

Le samedi 01 avril 2006 à 20:38 +0200, Lis a écrit :
> The receiver could send the packet list that the he lost directly via
> p2p to the clients.
>
> 1. it isnt much data to send.
> 2. you safe the way throught servers.
>
> Now the sender sends the data again to the server. Or if it isnt much
> to send he could
> send it directly....
>
> How about that?

I say it's the greatest idea I've heard to *maximize* latency. I thought
TCP would be the worst for VoIP, but this definitely beats it. How about
instead of sending the list through P2P, you just write it down on
paper, put an IP address and a stamp on the envelope and mail it? Oh,
and if you *don't* receive this email, could you please notify me
through P2P?