[Speex-dev] Speex play back

Chris Reams chris1234-7 at earthlink.net
Sun Nov 13 00:14:12 PST 2005

I am a Java developer.  I represent a small company writing a audio
archiving application in Java using SPEEX files on Windows 2000/XP.  We
have been using the software found at the main SPEEX site and looking
for API's we can use there. We are looking for a Java based SPEEX API
that allows us the following playback functionality:

- Open the SPEEX file from local file system or via a http request.
- Play / Pause / Stop
- Seek feature (for slider functionality): seek to a specified position
(second) in the file
- Volume control

Currently we're using the following API bases on jGUI:
http://jspeex.sourceforge.net/
And this works well for all but 'seek' which it lacks in it's API for
both VORBIS and SPEEX files.
Part of our audio player must have a slider that allows users to seek to
various places in the file.  I can't find any SPEEX players with
available API's that I can download and integrate into a Java project.
As an aside: if you know of any ActiveX development which does what I
mentioned above, that may help also.  We would be willing to help write
this functionality or make a donation to enable this functionality
ASAP.  This would greatly help us.

Please contact me at:
chris1234-7 at earthlink.net