[Speex-dev] Compile failure current SVN

Sat Nov 5 02:14:15 PST 2005

> > "restict" is also valid C99, but as that was removed for compatibility
> > with non-compliant compilers,
>
> That means "restrict" is no longer part of the standard and hence should
> not be accepted by standards conforming compilers. However, the issue you
> were complaining about is still part of the standard and any compiler
> which doesn't accept it is not C99 conformant.

No, what he means is that I removed the only occurence of "restrict" in
Speex (not that it was removed from C99). I did that temporarily for
compatibility reasons and because it didn't help much anyway. I'll
probably re-introduce it later with "#define restrict" for compilers
that don't support it.

> > I thought one might wish to fix this as
> > well, especially as it's the only place in the code it is used.
>
> However, if Jean-Marc would like to remove this construct and make sure
> it doesn't creep back in, he might be interested in the
>
>      -Wdeclaration-after-statement

I usually compile with -ansi once in a while to fix this. I've
reorganizing code lately, which is why it appeared. So, in summary, I do
intend to fix this and make sure Speex remains C89-compatible.