[Speex-dev] Compile failure current SVN

Erik de Castro Lopo erikd-100 at mega-nerd.com
Fri Nov 4 16:25:03 PST 2005

Thorvald Natvig wrote:

> "restict" is also valid C99, but as that was removed for compatibility
> with non-compliant compilers,

That means "restrict" is no longer part of the standard and hence should
not be accepted by standards conforming compilers. However, the issue you
were complaining about is still part of the standard and any compiler
which doesn't accept it is not C99 conformant.

> I thought one might wish to fix this as
> well, especially as it's the only place in the code it is used.

However, if Jean-Marc would like to remove this construct and make sure
it doesn't creep back in, he might be interested in the

     -Wdeclaration-after-statement

GCC warning option. I believe that this -W flag is available in gcc-3.4
and later. If you are interested, I can also supply you with an M4
autoconf macro that can be used to add this to CFLAGS if and only if
the compiler supports it.

Erik