[Speex-dev] Problems with Speex

Li Kun nathanme007 at hotmail.com
Thu Nov 3 18:25:51 PST 2005

Esteemed Sir,
    I want to use Speex on an Arm platform ( S3C2410, 200MHz, WinCE
system). I have tried the lib ( libspeex_armce.lib ), unfortunatly it is
not efficent enough.

    I record the voice with 16bits*8KHz. This cpu (S3C2410) has no FPU. So
at the beginning I use the source code, it need 200ms to compress the DATA
of 20ms. Then it is much much better when I use libspeex_armce.lib. But it
still can't in real time.
    Now I am wondering if there is any way to make the compression more
efficently. Can you give me some suggestions. Additionally, I think the lib
is made from Speex 1.1.6 Source Code, it maybe includes the filter and echo
canceller program. Can these parts of program be disabled/removed? I'll
apreciate so much that you can offer me a new lib file without the filter
and echo canceller.

With every good wish

Your reply will be much appreciated

     Nathan