[Speex-dev] Speex on TI C6x, Problem with TI C5x Patch
Jean-Marc.Valin at USherbrooke.ca
Wed May 25 23:51:58 PDT 2005
> For the persistent storage, the only change that I have made is to
> MAX_CHARS_PER_FRAME, which is set to 2000 in bits.c. I changed bits.c to
> set this value only if it was not already defined, and then put my own, much
> smaller value in config.h.
Actually, I just remembered that you don't even need to redefine
MAX_CHARS_PER_FRAME. All you have to do is use the
speex_bits_init_buffer() call, which allows you to explicitly tell Speex
where you want the data copied.
> For the scratch stack, I replace the fixed values in nb_encoder_init and
> nb_decoder_init with constants that I defined in config.h. Jamey Hicks
> original C5x patch had some test code in stack_alloc.h to detect working
> stack overflow. Maybe something similar could be done to measure the peak
> stack usage, enabled by a debug switch. Then, for a space critical
> application, it would be easy to measure the stack requirement for a given
> operating mode, and set the size (manually) accordingly.
Regarding the stack, I have just added macros that allow you to set it:
NB_ENC_STACK, NB_DEC_STACK, SB_ENC_STACK, SB_DEC_STACK.
Jean-Marc Valin <Jean-Marc.Valin at USherbrooke.ca>
Université de Sherbrooke
More information about the Speex-dev