[Speex-dev] Speex on TI C6x, Problem with TI C5x Patch

Wed May 25 14:29:53 PDT 2005

> > It's odd that it "almost" works with the fixed_generic.h. The easiest
> > thing would be to gradually replace routines and see which one causes
> > problem. It's most likely (though I'm not 100% sure) that somewhere in
> > the code, I have a 16-bit value that gets sent to a function/macro that
> > expects a 32-bit value. In that case, Stuart's fixed_c55x.h file would
> > work because the inline function would first force the conversion to 32
> > bits. My initial guess would be with the SH[RL]32 and ADD32 functions.
>
> That is my plan.

I just checked in changes that may fix some bad behavior on 16-bit
architectures. You might want to try if it fixes the problem. As I said,
it's not clear yet whether the problem is in fixed_generic.h or if it's
somewhere else and Stuart's fixed_c55.h just happens to work around it.

Jean-Marc Valin <Jean-Marc.Valin at USherbrooke.ca>
Universite de Sherbrooke