[Speex-dev] Speex granulepos definition

Sun Jun 19 17:07:50 PDT 2005

Hi Ralph,

What speexenc does (Speex itself does not know about Ogg) is that it gives
packet N the granulepos "N*frame_size - lookahead". In the case of narrowband,
the first frame would have granulepos "1*160 - 80", so 80. I can't say about
your example because Speex cannot encode a frame of one sample, which is a good
thing becuse otherwise, the granulepos would be -79. BTW, the reason for the "-
lookahead" is that it allows gapless playback (because the first samples in the
first frame are zeros). Hope that clarifies things (and doesn't break too much
stuff).

   Jean-Marc