[Speex-dev] Garbled sound no more

Tom Grandgent tgrand at canvaslink.com
Fri Jul 22 00:16:06 PDT 2005

Hey, thanks for sharing this information.  If this is true, it could
explain some intermittent problems I've had, since I do encoding and
decoding in separate threads.  I assumed that Speex was thread-safe
because there doesn't seem to be a connection between the encoder and
decoder, and the encoder and decoder require separate states for
different streams.  I'm curious to know what interactions could occur
between encoders and decoders running in separate threads.

Can anyone else confirm or deny thread-safety issues with Speex?

I'm going to put locks around all of my Speex code and see if my problem
goes away...

Thanks!

Tom