[Speex-dev] click at end of playback

Wed Jul 6 17:05:04 PDT 2005

Actually, I just tried again with the wav file directly and it just
seems to be a bug with the way the speexenc utility handles wav files.
The problem doesn't occur with the equivalent raw file (which I used for
testing). It's probably really stupid anyway.

	Jean-Marc

Le mercredi 06 juillet 2005 à 14:00 +0300, David Resnick a écrit :
> I am using speexenc/speexdec to convert WAV files to Speex and then
> play them back. At the end of playback for some files there is a tick
> sound heard that isn’t in the original WAV file.
>

> I have no prior experience with sound encoding/decoding; does someone
> have a direction I could investigate to fix this problem? I’ve
> embedded speexlib into my application and it works great, it be a
> shame if these “ticks” caused us to reject the use of speex.
>

> Version used is 1.1.6 (I’m using this version because I need the
> prepared library files for ARM) and I’m compiling with MS VC++ 2003.
>

> I’m attaching samples of original WAV files as well as the resulting
> SPX files. The good sample finishes cleanly and the bad one doesn’t
> (actually in this case it is more of a double click at the end). Both
> samples were converted using the –vbr switch.
>

> I’d be curious to find out even just that both files play back
> properly for you.
>

> Thanks in advance,
>

> David Resnick

Jean-Marc Valin <Jean-Marc.Valin at USherbrooke.ca>
Université de Sherbrooke