[Speex-dev] different output for opt/non-opt on win32 platform

Wed Jan 5 19:27:57 PST 2005

> without a good understanding of the celp and haven't delved into the
> codes, I am surprised that there is no such issue with the encoder.
> whether the optimsation flags are included or excluded, the encoded
> bits are the same. I assumed the decoder shared quite a number of
> functions as the encoder except maybe the perceptual enhancement part.
> strange.

Depending on the mode used, there can even be a random component in the
decoded signal.

> how big is this "Speex's memory"?

No problem, as long as you decode the stream in order.

> I am thinking perhaps naively: at
> the encoder side, is it possible to get the states for the decoder
> from the encoder's memory without doing the actual decoding?

In theory, you could, but I don't see what you'd gain there.

> if yes,
> the decoder's states could be sent over.
> I hope I am making sense here.

You're not. Sorry ;-)

--
Jean-Marc Valin <Jean-Marc.Valin at USherbrooke.ca>
Universite de Sherbrooke