[Speex-dev] SDP usage

Yannick Butin yannick.butin at eyepmedia.com
Tue Feb 22 23:54:05 PST 2005

Hi all,

I have a question about the SDP usage with speex codec. In the draft
"draft-herlein-speex-rtp-profile-02" a "mode" parameter is specified with
possible value 1 to 6 or any. I assume that this mode is nearly equivalent
to a bit rate control used for the coder. I don't find the correspondence
with the parameters in the speex coder because I don't find a mode for 1 to
6. There is more that 6 different bandwidths in speex !

Do we need to associate arbitrary a bit rate to each mode ourself ?

Thanks for your help.

Best regards,

Yannick Butin