[Speex-dev] a possible bug in 1.1.6

Walt Mendenhall walter at masque.com
Thu Feb 17 16:23:55 PST 2005

Hello Speex,

I think I've noticed a bug in version 1.1.6.

In the source file "speexdec.c", lines 558 to 560 say

   wav_format = strlen(outFile)>=4 && (
                                       strcmp(outFile+strlen(outFile)-4,".wav")==0
                                       || strcmp(inFile+strlen(inFile)-4,".WAV")==0);

.  I think each "inFile" should be "outFile".  On the other hand, if we really want to look at the "inFile", then we should check its length also.

If there's another way I should report this, I'd be glad to hear.  Hope this helps.

Regards,
Walt Mendenhall
(US) 303 960 5841