[Speex-dev] reducing the stack size

Tue Feb 15 10:27:49 PST 2005

Hi,

It's probably possible to reduce the stack size if you know what you're
doing. For example the current size is set so that any complexity level
will work. I also add a little to that just to be on the safe side if I
add something. The tool I would recommend if you really want to tune the
size for a particular application is valgrind. It will tell you even if
you overflow by one byte. Electric fence might work too.

I have to admit that this statically allocated stack isn't the cleanest
thing to do, but I found nothing better. I'm open to suggestions on
making it cleaner, though.

	Jean-Marc

Le mardi 15 février 2005 à 19:25 +0800, tunkeat a écrit :
> hi all,
>
> the stacksize required for encoder and decoder
> are 32Kbytes and 16 Kbyes respectively.  i changed
> it to 20Kbytess and 8Kbytes and it seems to work.
> but need to trim further. can someone point me in
> the right direction to further reducing the stack size?
> thanks!
>
> cheers,
> tk

Jean-Marc Valin <Jean-Marc.Valin at USherbrooke.ca>
Université de Sherbrooke