[Speex-dev] Speex under CE

Wed Feb 2 07:03:35 PST 2005

> The compilation is fine with float code but the fixed point code
> doesn’t compile due to the long long undefined type. In any way, the
> fixed point version take more time that float version on a standard
> Pentium.

Just replace the "long long" by "__int64". I think that's fixed in
1.1.6. As for the fixed-point version running slower on an x86, that's
perfectly normal because the x86 has a very fast FPU.

> With the float version, the CPU taken to encode a wav file is 630%. It
> takes 240 seconds to encode a file of 40 seconds on an Intel PXA270
> processor at 624 MHz.

That's perfectly normal for the float version (it even seems fast). With
the fixed-point you'll easily real-time.

> Did you know if an optimized version for Windows CE platform exists
> (free or not free)?

Yes, you just need to compile it.

Jean-Marc Valin <Jean-Marc.Valin at USherbrooke.ca>
Université de Sherbrooke