[Speex-dev] Problems with sampleenc and sampledec
hot-wire-tech at rogers.com
Thu Sep 9 03:59:12 PDT 2004
I suspect I am missing something basic but I do not seem to be able to get the sampleenc and sampledec programs to work together. I suspect the decode operation is failing, but I cannot find out why.
1) 1.0.4 tar package 'make' worked and installed on a mandrake 10.0 linux
2) speexenc and speexdec appear to work fine.
3) testenc and testenc_wb work fine, though I notice that compile with gcc testenc.c -lspeex produces a different .bits file than the version made with make. This makes me think there is a flag I am missing.
4) test_wb output 16-bit PCM file seems about 1K shorter than the original PCM file. Not sure if this is relevant.
5) SPEEX_GET_QUALITY does not appear to work for the decoder though documentation lists no limitation.
6) SPEEX_GET_SAMPLING_RATE does not work well for the encoder in wideband mode
7) The first bit is documented as the 'Wideband' bit, but in the packets I have looked at, this never seems to get set in testenc_wb
The sampledec failure occurs after speex_decode() where the float values are generally either 0 or out of range.
Any suggestions would be appreciated.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Speex-dev