[Speex-dev] white noise problem when using -DFIXED_POINT

speex-dev at aerodrome.us speex-dev at aerodrome.us
Tue Sep 14 16:31:39 PDT 2004

Hi there.  We're trying to build a speex decoder for Palm OS (i.e. ARM7).

No major problems porting thus far, but when compiling the speex modules with -DFIXED_POINT all the silent parts of the output are replaced with what sounds like high-power white noise.  The spoken parts sound great, but all the silent parts in between speaking just sounds like white noise.

We're using speex 1.1.6, and current libogg sources pulled down from subversion.

Any help much appreciated!

Regards,
Owen