[Speex-dev] Compile flags for sampleenc sampledec.
hot-wire-tech at rogers.com
Mon Sep 13 08:25:26 PDT 2004
I suspect I am missing something basic but I do not seem to be able to get the sampleenc and sampledec programs to work together. I think I do not have a compile swtich of flag set correctly.
1) 1.0.4 tar package 'make' worked and installed on a mandrake 10.0 linux
2) speexenc and speexdec appear to work fine.
3) testenc and testenc_wb work fine, though I notice that compile with gcc testenc.c -lspeex produces a different .bits file than the version made with make. Also, when compiled with gcc, the decoded output is garbled. This makes me think there is a flag I am missing.
4) test_wb output 16-bit PCM file seems about 1K shorter than the original PCM file. Not sure if this is relevant.
5) SPEEX_GET_QUALITY does not appear to work for the decoder though documentation lists no limitation. (This has just been mentioned since I joined the group).
6) SPEEX_GET_SAMPLING_RATE does not work well for the encoder in wideband mode
7) The first bit is documented as the 'Wideband' bit, but in the packets I have looked at, this never seems to get set in testenc_wb in either the nb packet or the following wb packet.
Any suggestions would be appreciated.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Speex-dev