[Speex-dev] Fixed-point library version

Jean-Marc Valin jean-marc.valin at usherbrooke.ca
Sun Sep 12 19:33:52 PDT 2004

Hi Colin,

A TI DSP port of Speex would definitely be cool. Right now, most of
Speex has been converted to fixed-point so that the few floating point
operations that remain don't make a difference in the computation time.
So far, it has only been tested on ARM, but it works well. The current
fixed-point code also makes little assumptions about the CPU/DSP: no
saturation instructions are required and only a 16x16 multiplier and 32-
bit accumulator is assumed. Anything else you need to know about the
current status?

	Jean-Marc