[Speex-dev] libspeex.dll

mister.F at gmx.net mister.F at gmx.net
Wed Nov 3 07:14:19 PST 2004

hello,

we start to develop an open source project. This project is a VoIp
application
with the same features like "Teamspeak" (http://www.goteamspeak.com).

Our test application run in peer to peer mode under windows 2000 and above.
At the moment we are using the gsm codec (13 kbps bandwidth). Later there
will be a port for *unix systems. As aforementioned the project will be
released as freeware under the bsd license. We have no commercial intentions
in mind.

One developer start to implement the speex codec to this project.
Unfortunately he has some problems to implement the speex headers.
According to the manual "speex_encoder_init" expect a pointer of
"speex_nb_mode". Sadly, this constant is not exported by the windows dll
(see export table of "libspeex.dll" v1.1.6).
Just as extern const SpeexMode speex_nb_mode; extern const SpeexMode
speex_wb_mode; extern const SpeexMode *speex_mode_list[SPEEX_NB_MODES];
Unfortunately we could not find any further information or other
implemantations of libspeex to solve our problem.

regards,

Grigory Fishilevich

GMX DSL-Netzanschluss + Tarif zum supergünstigen Komplett-Preis!