[Speex-dev] Question : Speex streaming with Winamp plugin source

Amit Murthy amitm
Sun Jun 27 23:49:55 PDT 2004

and icecast/shoutcast server.

Hello,

I need to develop a Winamp plugin which will stream speex encoded content as source to a icecast/shoutcast server.

I guess the way to go would be to integrate the speex encoder as a Winamp plugin (source needs to work on Windows)
and modify libshout to also support ogg/speex. Anybody know if icecast supports speex streams ?

Does anybody know of anyone else working on such a scenario? Any additional pointers as to how I can go about
achieving this?

I need to use a HTTP/TCP transport for speex in order to ensure the minimum of corporate firewall introduced problems.

Thanks and regards,
Amit