[speex-dev] speex_bits_write()

Tongbiao Li tli at viack.com
Mon Jan 26 22:11:21 PST 2004

I am trying to follow RTP Payload Format for the Speex Codec, and it
looks like I need to pack 01...1 to the end of the frame.

Otherwise, the receiving end would not recognize the end of the 3rd (and
last frame): speex_bits_remaining() keeps on returning value > 0, and a
4th attempt to decode (non-existant) frame will fail.

I do not have the number of frames available, and would rely on the
encoded data alone for decoding the 3 frames.

>From the Speex_bits_write(), it's unclear whether it returns # of bits
or bytes written.  Is there an function to set the padding ?