[speex-dev] echo suppression

Sun Feb 8 23:21:06 PST 2004

Yes, the echo cancellation code is very experimental. The algorithm
implemented (MDF) is very efficient, but it will *not* work out of the
box yet. Right now, it's mainly missing a cross-talk detector and some
tuning of the adaptation rate. I can't give a target date at which the
code will work, but if someone with echo-cancelling experience
volunteers to help, it might happen faster.

        Jean-Marc

--
Jean-Marc Valin, M.Sc.A., ing. jr.
LABORIUS (http://www.gel.usherb.ca/laborius)