[speex-dev] i need your opinion of my encoded file in ipaq 1940

Rodrigo Parra M rparra at ing.puc.cl
Fri Feb 6 05:21:37 PST 2004

Hi,
I encoded file in a ipaq 1940, pocket pc 2003, processor Samsung
s3c241(similar to ARM), 266 Mhz. I would like to know your opinion for the
quality output if this is right to entered parameters.
File original: http://padawan.ing.puc.cl/chavezorig.wav
File encoded: http://padawan.ing.puc.cl/chavezq1.wav

The parameters for encoded are:
state = speex_encoder_init(&speex_nb_mode);
int tmp=0;
speex_encoder_ctl(state, SPEEX_SET_VBR, &tmp);
cmpl=1;
speex_encoder_ctl(state, SPEEX_SET_COMPLEXITY, &cmpl);
quality=1;
speex_encoder_ctl(state, SPEEX_SET_QUALITY, &quality);

I think that the quality in ipaq is minor who the obtained one in the PC to
the same quality 1.
I wait your opinions.
Regards.
Rodrigo.