[Speex-dev] How can I optimize speex under SH

Jean-Marc Valin jean-marc.valin at usherbrooke.ca
Mon Aug 23 20:49:36 PDT 2004

Hi,

I don't know the SH architecture (I'm assuming it doesn't have an FPU),
but most likely you forgot to compile Speex with fixed-point support (--
enable-fixed-point option or defining FIXED_POINT). That's probably the
only thing that can explain Speex running 45x slower than real-time. Of
course, assembly may help after that, I don't know. If you find that the
code is too slow even with fixed-point enabled, you should probably have
a look at the filter_mem2 function as well as open_loop_nbest_pitch. In
any case, let me know what happens.

	Jean-Marc