No subject

Fri Aug 6 15:01:11 PDT 2004

part), by ensuring that there is always echo, by inserting a tiny bit of
noise into the "incoming" signal (i.e. that which would be played via
the local speakers).  Generally this is a tiny bit of white noise, but
it helps ensure the adaptation has something to work with.  There are
probably limitations to this technique, though.

Another thing that a complete system probably needs is optional echo
supression.  Cancellation can't be totally effective, and often you
mitigate that by having (mild) suppression.

-SteveK