[speex-dev] Raw Speex?

Gervase Markham gerv at gerv.net
Wed Apr 28 15:18:23 PDT 2004

Hi,

I want to take a .wav and generate a bytestream that I can feed direct
to speex_decode(). The speexenc program appears to produce it wrapped up
in an ogg stream, and it doesn't have any sort of "raw" mode. I've tried
hacking on it to remove the ogg parts, but I must have got it wrong, as
my decode dies after decoding 160 bytes (which I believe is one frame)
with an error about a corrupted stream. How can I turn a .wav into a
stream of raw speex data?

Also, the above question leads to the following request for
clarification: when decoding, is the "frame size" for a particular codec
the amount of bytes that will get written to the output buffer per call?
Or is it the amount of data you have to give to each call to
speex_bits_read_from()? Or both? Or neither?

Gerv