[speex-dev] libspeex/SSE Intrinsics with GCC 3.3.x

Thu Apr 1 21:08:52 PST 2004

I'm aware of the problem, but I don't know how to get autoconf to handle
that properly. If someone knows how to make that work with autoconf even
with non-gcc compilers and with default CFLAGS, I'm interested.

Le jeu 01/04/2004 à 17:21, Michael T. Dean a écrit :
> When compiling Speex 1.1.4 with GCC 3.3.2, the option -msse must be
> added to the CFLAGS in libspeex/Makefile.
> GCC 3.1.1 added a new option "-msse" (see
> http://gcc.gnu.org/gcc-3.1/changes.html , specifically under "New
> Targets and Target Specific Improvements") to enable SSE instructions
> within the compiler's output (for appropriate architectures).
> Compiling speex on GCC 3.3.2 without the -msse option yields the error
> message shown at bottom.  The referenced file (xmmintrin.h) contains a
> check to ensure that SSE is enabled (via -msse) before use:
> #ifndef __SSE__
> # error "SSE instruction set not enabled"
> #else
> This check seems to have been added to the GCC 3.3.x series.
> Once the option is added to CFLAGS, libspeex (and the rest of the speex
> package) compiles cleanly and executes properly.
> Thanks,
> Mike Dean
> -DVERSION=\"1.1.4\" -D_USE_SSE=1 -I. -I. -g -O2 -MT nb_celp.lo -MD -MP
> -MF .deps/nb_celp.Tpo -c nb_celp.c  -fPIC -DPIC -o .libs/nb_celp.o
> In file included from vq.h:43,
>                  from nb_celp.c:41:
> /usr/lib/gcc-lib/i686-pc-linux-gnu/3.3.2/include/xmmintrin.h:34:3:
> #error "SSE instruction set not enabled"
> In file included from nb_celp.c:41:
> vq.h:44: error: parse error before '*' token
> vq.h:46: error: parse error before '*' token
> make[1]: *** [nb_celp.lo] Error 1
> make[1]: Leaving directory `/usr/local/src/mdean/speex-1.1.4/libspeex'
> make: *** [all-recursive] Error 1

Jean-Marc Valin