[speex-dev] fixed point speex on a texas dsp + real time acquizition

Guillaume ROGET guillaume.roget at fr.thalesgroup.com
Thu Apr 1 01:13:28 PST 2004

hello,
My project is to implemente an audio compression algorhitm on a DSP
TMS320DM642.
I think that SPEEX can be a good choice because fixed-point have been
developed. I would want to know how I can choose the fixed point in the
program
I want to know if it is possible to do a real time acquizition and to
compresse in real time the audio input signal. By example, I have on my
demonstration card an audio linein input. If I send an audio source (PC
sound card output) on this input, does speex will be able to compress
this signal in real time and to store it in a hard disk integrated to
the demonstration card?

TO test that, i would want to send an audio source to my sound card
input and  I would want do the acquizition of  my sound card input and
compress with SPEEX this audio signal and play in the same time the
decoded file SPX in order to measuring performances with an external
audio analyser.
Is it possible?and how can I do that?
Guillaume