[speex-dev] Thread Safety

Wed Oct 29 20:36:22 PST 2003

> Yes, i have been using speex in my VoIP gateway product. There are
> hundreds of threads that simultaneously call various speex APIs and
> execute without any problem. But ofcourse, I use a speex encoder/decoder
> vars on per stream basis. Its been tested successfully on Linux/Win2k.

Actually, I just realized I fixed a potential minor thread problem
recently. It's in 1.1.1 but not in 1.0.2. I say the problem is minor
because the worst case is slightly suboptimal encoding (decoding not
affected), but no crash or pathological results. I'll include the fix in
the next stable release.

Jean-Marc Valin, M.Sc.A., ing. jr.
LABORIUS (http://www.gel.usherb.ca/laborius)