[speex-dev] Server based audio merge

Carsten Breuer CarstenBreuerSpeex at textwork.de
Thu Nov 27 14:24:36 PST 2003

Hi Ulrich,

> yes, your emails take up my morning, too. :-)

:-)).

> I didn't try to enhance the encoding routines, i just took the plain
> jspeex version, which came up with these numbers.
> First i capture 2560 bytes (i think, would have to look at my source)
> direct from the sound card and then i encode it.
> I am not the guy to dive into the jspeex code and adjust the right
> screws ;-) i just can adjust major code errors and stuff i know to be
> slow (like System.arraycopy).

I will see what i can do.
If you want to start with C++ and you are on windows, it is a good idea
to start with Vidusl C++ or if you dont have one, with DevCpp.
I think it will be good to use later MinGW Developer Studio because it
can work on both platforms (linux and windows).

If you are not familar with dll's and that stuff, i can create
a container for you with the speex dll already added as a lib so
that the learning curve is a bit more flat.

Best Regards,