[speex-dev] Server based audio merge (speex to non-speex)

Fri Nov 21 10:59:10 PST 2003

Le ven 21/11/2003 à 13:51, Massimo a écrit :
> Sorry to drive this a little off from what you're discussing but do
> you think it would be a good idea to decode multiple speex streams and
> encode in another format (say, vorbis)?
> This is because I read on this mailing list that speex performance
> decreases noticeably when muliple voices are overlapped.

I don't think so. It's not only a matter of quality here. Vorbis has a
higher latency (variable frame size) and it not designed to handle
packet loss gracefully.

Jean-Marc Valin, M.Sc.A., ing. jr.
LABORIUS (http://www.gel.usherb.ca/laborius)